Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] CVS updates

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] CVS updates
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 09:28:27 -0800

On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 11:32:38AM -0500, amit malani wrote:
> did u updated only the .v and .rbf files or complete project as well?

Generally the project file is pretty static.

Note that you don't have to build the .rbf's from source.
We distribute pre-compiled versions in the usrp/fpga/rbf directory.

> also, I could not understand the heirarchy of the files. i mean the verilog
> files. which all are included for the final synthesis? is fullchip,
> the toplevel entity, the one that includes every thing?

> i tried to the run the project in usrp/fpga/toplevel/fullchip... the
> fullchip.qpf it gave me a notification that the project is made with
> older version of quartus.

I've added some commentary to the usrp/README:

   # Compiling the verilog (not required unless you're modifying it)

   To build the fpga configuration bitstring you'll need Altera's no cost
   Quartus II development tools.  We're currently building with
   Quartus II 5.1sp1 Web Edition.  The project file is
   usrp/fpga/toplevel/usrp_std/usrp_std.qpf.  The toplevel verilog file
   is usrp/fpga/toplevel/usrp_std/usrp_std.v.  The bulk of the verilog
   modules are contained in usrp/fpga/sdr_lib.

Hope this helps!
Eric