[Discuss-gnuradio] Error installing wxPython for GNU Radio

From: jjw
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Error installing wxPython for GNU Radio
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 05:24:20 -0800 (PST)

Hello all,

I am having some trouble trying to install wxPython for use with GNU radio.
I am running Fedora Core 4 and am following the instructions from
http://www.kd7lmo.net/gnuradio/build_baseline.sh
to try and get the baseline built (except I am installing wxPython 2.6.2.1,
not 2.6.1.0)

While running the step
"python setup.py build"
I get a multitude of errors which culminates with the following:
"error:  command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1"

If anybody may know why this is happening, or how I may be able to fix it,
it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!