Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FFTW 3.1/ PortAudio

From: Martin Dvh
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FFTW 3.1/ PortAudio
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 21:18:08 +0100

Robert McGwier wrote:
> On building FFTW3.1  the following works
>
> configure --enable-sse --enable-threads --enable-shared  --enable-float
> --enable-3dnow
>
> --enable-k7 and --enable-shared do not work together but 3dnow works
> with shared.  Go figure.  This library has been tested on my P4HT,  Dual
> Athlon MP,  8 head Athlon Dual Core Opteron, and through MinGW on my
> windows machines.  On Winblows --enable-threads does not work yet and in
> addition one must use --with-our-malloc16  to prevent certain problems
> on Windows and the win32 malloc.  Cygwin has released pthreads-win32 and
> it works as a native win32 library.  This is probably the basis for
> pthreads under cygwin so I will attempt to do the library under cygwin
> to see if we can get thread safer code.   Frank and I use pthreads in
> the Win32 version of DttSP.
>
> I am looking for a bug in my callback under portaudio on DttSP.  This
> will enable us to cross platform DttSP on linux, bsd, mac, and wintel.
> I have built gr-audio-portaudio but I want to make sure that it supports
> a rich enough set of  features to use libportaudio and pa19.dll on linux
> and winblows respectively which is the only real reason for using
> portaudio.  I will ask for help here and elsewhere with talking to
> coreaudio since I do not own a mac machine and the ones I have at work
> are locked in.
You can test building it on a mac using the sourceforge compile farm.
They have two macos-X machines (and lots of other architectures)
http://sourceforge.net/docs/E02/en/#top

I have been doing some tests on the sourceforge compile farm to see if we can
use it for automatic build testing for gnuradio and usrp.
(You have to setup all your required libs in your homedirectory.
I have succefully build the usrp driver code on their debian-linux X86 machine.)

Since this is a remote machine, you can't hear anything of couse ;-)

Greetings,
Martin

 It is my belief that this will really make