Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] initial gr-audio-portaudio

From: Thomas Schmid
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] initial gr-audio-portaudio
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 19:14:15 -0800

I tried your code on Mac OS X 10.4 and I get pretty far (everything
compiles and isntalls after some hacking), but when I execute an audio
example, I get this error:

19:04 address@hidden:~/gnuradio/gr-build/gnuradio-examples/python/audio$
./dial_tone.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./dial_tone.py", line 55, in ?
    my_graph().run()
  File "./dial_tone.py", line 48, in __init__
    dst = audio.sink (sample_rate, options.audio_output)
  File
"/Users/thomas/gnuradio/gr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gnuradio/audio_portaudio.py",
line 235, in sink
    return _audio_portaudio.sink(*args)
NotImplementedError: No matching function for overloaded 'sink'

Now I am stuck. Any idea why this happens or what could be wrong?

Here is what I did, if anyone wants to repeat it:

- install xcode 2.2
- install coreaudio sdk 1.4.3
- downloaded portaudio V19 and applied patch
- fixed small -framework error on line 144 of configure.in (remove
double -framework)
- fixed also -framework error in Makefile.in
- removed the portaudio.pc directives which were added from the patch
(no portaudio.pc target in the makefile, will do it manually later on.
i think it is missing.)
- make; make install

- applied patch to gnuradio-core
- add gr-portaudio to audio.py in src/python/gnuradio (or replace the
audio_osx one, as you wish)
- make; make install

- produce my own portaudio.pc file
- remove the -mthreads library from that file
- make gr-portaudio

that's it...

Thomas