Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gri_ringbuffer.{h,cc}

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gri_ringbuffer.{h,cc}
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 18:03:39 -0800

On Sun, Mar 12, 2006 at 10:20:16PM +0100, Stephane Fillod wrote:

> - against gnuradio-core: ot_gri_ringbuffer.patch
>       * src/lib/general/gri_ringbuffer.{cc,h},
>         src/lib/general/Makefile.am: new lockless ringbuffer (single
>           reader/single writer) taken from JACK software (GPL).

Bob and Frank,

Didn't the JACK ringbuffer code cause you problems when pushing "part
of a float" into it.  I.e., there was room for 3 bytes, but not all
four.  If this is true, how did you fix it?  Specialize for only
floats?  "Yet another ringbuffer implementation" that doesn't have
the problem?  I can't see an occasion when we'd need anything other
than floats.

Eric