Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] where the carrier frequency is set

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] where the carrier frequency is set
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 12:40:58 -0700

Michael Ford wrote:

 Eric has already told me once that this is crazy, but I can't see any
 other way to do this. When Matt told me that the RSSI circuit
 measures interference +/-15Mhz from the carrier,

The RSSI reads the power in the analog baseband signals (power(I) + power(Q)). The analog baseband will contain signals from approximately +/- 15 MHz from the LO frequency. The LO frequency is set automatically when you set the frequency of reception. The LO is a multiple of 2 or 4 MHz depending on which RFX board you have. You can change that to be a multiple of 1 MHz, but you will have worse phase noise. The lo_offset also needs to be taken into account.
Matt