[Discuss-gnuradio] problem with SWIG and c++ templates...

From: Achilleas Anastasopoulos
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] problem with SWIG and c++ templates...
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 05:09:07 -0400

I am having a problem making SWIG work for me;
actually I am not sure if SWIG is the problem.
Anyway here it goes:

I have implemented an internal c++ function template in gr-trellis/src/lib in the files:

quick_sort_index.h
quick_sort_index.cc

I DO NOT want to make this function available in python, and thus
I do not have a .i file.

Now I am using this function in another class implemented in the files:

interleaver.h
interleaver.cc
interleaver.i

which I want to have available in python (and thus I have the .i file)

I have modified the Makefile.am to to include ALL .h and .cc files,
and trellis.i file only including interleaver.h and interleaver.i

make succeeds, but make check DOES NOT.
It gives my the message:

make[2]: Entering directory `/home/anastas/gnuradio_svn/gr-trellis/src/python'
make  check-TESTS
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/anastas/gnuradio_svn/gr-trellis/src/python'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./qa_trellis.py", line 24, in ?
    import trellis
File "/home/anastas/gnuradio_svn/gr-trellis/src/lib/trellis.py", line 4, in ?
    import _trellis
ImportError: /home/anastas/gnuradio_svn/gr-trellis/src/lib/.libs/_trellis.so: undefined symbol: _Z15quicksort_indexIiEvRSt6vectorIT_SaIS1_EERS0_IiSaIiEEii
FAIL: run_tests
1 of 1 tests failed

Any ideas?

Thanks