Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] problem with SWIG and c++ templates...

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] problem with SWIG and c++ templates...
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 11:25:11 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, August 11, 2006 09:49, Achilleas Anastasopoulos wrote:

> BTW, whatever I have commited so far does pass make, make check.
> What exactly is make distcheck ?

Think of it as a make torture test.  If it passes, all is well in the world.

Here are all the things it does.

1) Creates a distribution tarball with 'make dist'.

2) Untars that tarball into a new source directory, then makes it
read-only, and creates a separate build directory.

3) From there it runs make, make check, make install, make installcheck,
and make uninstall.  It verifies all files got uninstalled.

4) Then it runs make distclean to remove all the generated files and makes
sure all of them did in fact get removed.

It leaves you with a tarball that you can use to build the tree without
having to checkout from svn.

If we adopt the practice of running this on our working copies
periodically, at least we can be assured that others can use build the
trunk appropriately.  The functionality in our code might still be buggy
but at least others will be able to test it.

-Johnathan