Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] NetBSD build status

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] NetBSD build status
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 14:48:12 -0400

On Aug 11, 2006, at 2:02 PM, Johnathan Corgan wrote:
On Fri, August 11, 2006 10:32, Greg Troxel wrote:

Now, I think my only real build problem is in the ECC code:

We've had enough bug reports on this particular piece of code that when I
get back from my trip I will disable this component in the trunk.

A wise choice IMHO.  Hope you're able to enjoy your trip ;-)

It appears that this is a compiler version issue; I believe the code
author is relying on an older version of gcc (3.x) which has changed
behavior in 4.x.

I'm using Apple's version of GCC 4.0.1 (XCode 2.3). I will try XCode 2.4, but I doubt it will help from the compiler perspective.

It's also possible that the (now) stale code in gr-ecc is causing the issue. W/o commit access (or, rather, that I don't know that I have commit access if I do), how should I make mods to that code-base? - MLD