Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] is there a "tail/skip/strip" block (counterpart o

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] is there a "tail/skip/strip" block (counterpart of "head")
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 12:33:27 -0700

On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 01:05:35PM -0400, Achilleas Anastasopoulos wrote:

> Before I go ahead and implement it myself
> I was wondering if there is such a thing as a "tail"
> or "skip" or "strip" block in gnuradio, that skips/ignores
> the first K bytes and passes to the output the rest.
>
> Thanks
> Achilleas

Hi Achilleas,

There's gr.skiphead(sizeof_item, nitems_to_skip)

/*!
 * \brief skips the first N items, from then on copies items to the output
 * \ingroup block
 *
 * Useful for building test cases and sources which have metadata or junk at
the start
 */

class gr_skiphead : public gr_sync_block
{
  friend gr_block_sptr gr_make_skiphead (size_t sizeof_stream_item, int nitems);
  gr_skiphead (size_t sizeof_stream_item, int nitems);

Eric