Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] QAM, carrier tracking and clock recovery

From: Martin Dvh
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] QAM, carrier tracking and clock recovery
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 23:02:54 +0100

Tom Rondeau wrote:
> [...]
The  agc2 seems to work.
The feedforward agc only works when manually compensating for the noise (1.0 +
noise as reference)
This would need an error loopback from the gr_mspk receiver

I think my main problem now is detecting of which quadrant we are in.
Or use the right kind of differential coding.
(I just used the gr.diff_decoder_bb and gr.diff_encoder_bb)

I have also strugled with the right formulation for the phase_detector error
signal.
(conj or not, pos or neg sign) But I think I got it now.

I send the complete constellation as list from python to the mpsk_receiver as
vector.
For some reason I had to reverse this list to get it to work.
This could also mean I needed to solve this in a different way and it just
accidently now sometimes works. (mirror the constellation, add pi,
something like that)

Greetings,
Martin