Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP + case = electrical short??

From: George Barrinuevo
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP + case = electrical short??
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 17:55:51 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I experienced a similar issue with my BasicRX and
other daughterboard.  Here is what I found.  When all
is working fine, the motherboards green LED blinks.
Otherwise, it does not blink or come on when there is
a short.  When I loosened the nut/washer that holds
the SMA jumper cable to the case, the short went away.
 It appears that when this nut it tightened too much,
the locking washer will bite through the black pant on
the enclosure and make contact with the enclosure
metal which causes a short.  My solution was to loosen
this nut a bit.

A better solution is to find plastic thin washers and
use this instead of the locking washers supplied with
the enclosure.  However, I was not able to find a
plastic washer in the right size.  Someone on this
mailing list used a sheet protector with an
exacto-knife to cut out a shape of a washer.

Does anyone have a better/easier solution to this
problem?

Thanks,

--- "Weber, Michael J. (US SSA)"