Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] mblock linking error

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] mblock linking error
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 18:27:54 -0800

Eric Blossom wrote:

>> Progress, I suppose :-)
>
> Did you have GNU Radio stuff installed in /usr/local/lib when you ran
> the test?
>
> Also, we may need to run
>
>   # ldconfig
>
> after editing /etc/ld.so.conf to update the dynamic loader's cache.

I just verified:

- no /usr/local/lib in ld.so.conf
- no GNU Radio files in /usr/local/*
- ldconfig was run

make, make check, and make distcheck passed.

The linker now puts the rpath /usr/local/lib argument.

Checking the created .so files inside the tree, the embedded RPATH
values are the same as before, except they have /usr/local/lib appended
to them.

So we're still not there yet.  Tim's fix was to add /usr/local/lib to
his ld.so.conf.  My system doesn't need it.

--
Johnathan Corgan
Corgan Enterprises LLC