Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] mblock linking error

From: Roshan Baliga
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] mblock linking error
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 14:53:04 -0800

Johnathan Corgan wrote:
Robert McGwier wrote:

This problem is understood. There is a change in libtool in the Debian/Ubuntu community. I believed this was fixed here by finding
out some shell changes but it is not.

Just FYI, my main development machine is Ubuntu 6.10.  I have never had
this issue with libtool/rpath that you describe.  I have the default
build installed which does indeed have the /bin/sh -> /bin/dash symlink.
So there is something else going on here.

I'm running Ubuntu 6.06, and /bin/sh links to /bin/bash, not dash.

If you cannot build mblock, you need to install pmt, which alway builds first. Go into the pmt directory and make install or sudo
make install depending on your situation.

In this particular case, I believe that the specific mblock build
failure that was seen was a problem with the Makefile.am that was fixed
on the trunk yesterday evening.  I'm still waiting confirmation of a fix
or not.

The updated Makefile didn't fix the problem. I'm now using the 4717 revision. Doing:

make distclean
./bootstrap
./configure
make

fails in the 'boost' section of mblock, while doing the same thing but compiling pmt first results in a failure in the omnithread section of mblock (as Josh Blum saw).

-Roshan

There are a couple of really aggravating things in Ubuntu 6.1 (maybe earlier) and libtool and link of sh to dash are at the top of my
list. I could not understand what in the world was going on with
these shells which had

Again, there must be something else going on as neither of these are a
problem for me.