Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: PCIe know-how?

From: ceriel
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: PCIe know-how?
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 18:31:54 +0200

On 3/4/07, Eric Blossom <address@hidden> wrote:
<snip>

> There will be an version of the USRP available later this year that
> has a gigabit ethernet interface.  I'm hoping to be able to get
> 100MB/s through that.
>
> Eric

I've been thinking about this since yesterday. With a lower resolution
like Brian suggested the data would fit over a Gigabit Ethernet link.
Further, GE carries 100 meters which would allow one to put the device
right at the antenna if one has a weatherproof enclosure. Supplying
power would be an issue still, but that's easily overcome.
With some simple compression one might be able to accommodate a higher
performance ADC aswell, but that's an issue I shouldn't need to bother
with using 12 bits and 65MHz...

It's a solution superior to PCIe in every way.

Is there any work on this done already? If not, how do I start? =)

--
Nos

(I keep forgetting to add the cc. Sorry if I'm causing discontinuity.)