[Discuss-gnuradio] Frequency error in USRP.

From: Tarun Tiwari
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Frequency error in USRP.
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 16:20:34 -0500

Hi Matt, Eric, and my dear friends,

I received third set of USRP for my research work, but the third USRP is not able to lock/demodulate the desired frequency. When i transmit a signal on 2.4GHz from one of the old USRPs I need to lock the new USRP at 2.39989 GHz else it does not demodulate the signal. Although the verbose mode displays that there is no frequency error in the system, but if I am not able to demodulate on 2.4GHz then where's the problem. I do understand that the local oscillators may not be perfect, because two devices can not have same precision all the time. But, the question is how do I recover the signal if my receiver clock does not synchronize to the desired frequency?

If you can illuminate something on it, it would be great help.

Thanks in advance.

Tarun
University of Texas-Dallas