Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Frequency error in USRP.

From: Brian Padalino
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Frequency error in USRP.
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 17:40:19 -0400

On 4/10/07, Tarun Tiwari <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Matt, Eric, and my dear friends,

I received third set of USRP for my research work, but the third USRP is not
able to lock/demodulate the desired frequency. When i transmit a signal on
2.4GHz from one of the old USRPs I need to lock the new USRP at 2.39989 GHz
else it does not demodulate the signal.

The 64MHz oscillator on the board has a maximum 50PPM error.  This
gives an error of up to 3200Hz.

To get to 2.4GHz, that's 37.5x the 64MHz local oscillator.

   3200Hz * 37.5 = 120kHz.

   2.4e9 - 120e3 = 2.399880e9

So it is pretty possible that your oscillators are just that far off?

Brian