Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] setting registers

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] setting registers
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 13:13:16 -0700

Zhuocheng Yang wrote:

> Can anyone tell me where the registers are and how I can read/write
> to them?

Once you create a usrp.source_c() or usrp.sink_c() object, you can call:

u = usrp.source_c()

u._write_fpga_reg(regno, val)

The registers are write-only.  You may call:

u._read_fpga_reg(regno)

...but the return value will either be zero or a semi-documented set of
debugging values unrelated to the register number you put.

The register definitions are in:

usrp/firmware/include/fpga_regs_common.h
usrp/firmware/include/fpga_regs_standard.h

*** NOTE: it is possible to damage your hardware by incorrectly setting
these registers ***

--
Johnathan Corgan
Corgan Enterprises LLC