[Discuss-gnuradio] Reprogram FPGA

From: S Mande
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Reprogram FPGA
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 16:04:53 -0700

Hi,

I am looking at the possibility of reprogramming the existing firmware inside FPGA.

I am using the Quartus software to compile the code. However, I am new to USRP and GNU Radio.

It would help me if anyone of you could reply to my questions:

1) Do I need a 3rd party tool to transfer my code to the FPGA on USRP ? I remember using a JTAG cable and Active-HDL for this task when i worked with Aldec procesors.

2) I believe that the firmware is loaded everytime I run GNU radio. Is it that I replace the existing fpga Verilog firmware code ( .v file ) from its existing location .i.e. gnuradio folder
with my modified Verilog firmware code ?

Thank you for your help.

S. Mande.