Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with DrawRectangle()

From: Don Ward
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with DrawRectangle()
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 12:37:04 -0400

Hi Marcus,

I'm running the latest trunk release, and ran into a problem with
ra_waterfallsink.py--I switched to using waterfallsink.py, just in
 case it was my custom version that was the problem.  Nope.  I traced
the problem to DrawRectangle() not working properly. Instead
  of drawing points, it draws lines the whole height of the bitmap.

When I changed ra_waterfallsink.py to use DrawPoint() instead,
functionality was restored.

I've had the same problem on Windows but using DrawPoint() didn't fix it. In my case, the problem seemed to be caused by the use of very large bitmaps. I have been using an enhanced waterfallsink that I am now polishing and plan to make generally available. If you have further problems (or need a faster waterfallsink), let me know and I will send you a copy.

-- Don Ward