Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Photo of the Beagle Board and USRP

From: Philip Balister
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Photo of the Beagle Board and USRP
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 20:30:43 -0400

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 7:52 PM, Bob <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Philip,
>
>  just being curious :) what are you going to use the
>
> combo(beagle+usrp) for? use beagle to replace the usrp
>  host? they are not connected in your pic.

They really are connected. I added a note to the picture :)

Right now, I can load the 8051 and see the LED blink  slow down. Then
the USB interface comes unglued. Not surprising since this is really
bleeding edge stuff.

Long term, I wonder if the ARM NEON instructions are useful for signal
processing. At the very minimum, this is a cheap system for narrow
band signals.

Here's the log from a "usrper load_standard_bits" run. I promise the
cable is connected and I did not fake this :)

The Angstrom Distribution beagleboard ttyS2

Angstrom 2008.1-test-20080410 beagleboard ttyS2

beagleboard login: root
address@hidden:~# usrper load_standard_bits
usrper: failed to find usrp[0]
[TURN ON POWER TO USRP]
address@hidden:~# <6>usb 1-1: new high speed USB device using
ehci-omap and address 2
usb 1-1: new high speed USB device using ehci-omap and address 2
<6>usb 1-1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice

address@hidden:~# usrper load_standard_bits
usrper: found unconfigured usrp; needs firmware.
<6>usb 1-1: USB disconnect, address 2
usb 1-1: USB disconnect, address 2
<6>usb 1-1: new high speed USB device using ehci-omap and address 3
usb 1-1: new high speed USB device using ehci-omap and address 3
<6>usb 1-1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
<7>usb 1-1: usbfs: USBDEVFS_CONTROL failed cmd usrper rqt 64 rq 2 len 64 ret -71
usb_control_msg failed: error se<7>usb 1-1: usbfs: USBDEVFS_CONTROL
failed cmd usrper rqt 64 rq 9 len 1 ret -71
nding control message: Protocol <7>usb 1-1: usbfs: USBDEVFS_CONTROL
failed cmd usrper rqt 64 rq 9 len 1 ret -71
error
usb_control_msg failed: e<7>usb 1-1: usbfs: USBDEVFS_CONTROL failed
cmd usrper rqt 64 rq 9 len 1 ret -71
rror sending control message: Pr<7>usb 1-1: usbfs: USBDEVFS_CONTROL
failed cmd usrper rqt 64 rq 9 len 1 ret -71
otocol error
usb_control_msg fa<7>usb 1-1: usbfs: USBDEVFS_CONTROL failed cmd
usrper rqt 64 rq 9 len 1 ret -71
iled: error sending control mess<7>usb 1-1: usbfs: USBDEVFS_CONTROL
failed cmd usrper rqt 64 rq 9 len 1 ret -71
age: Protocol error
usb_control_msg failed: error sending control message: Protocol error
usb_control_msg failed: error sending control message: Protocol error
usb_control_msg failed: error sending control message: Protocol error
usb_control_msg failed: error sending control message: Protocol error
usrp: failed to load fpga bitstream /usr/share/usrp/rev4/std_2rxhb_2tx.rbf.
usrper: failed
address@hidden:~#