RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] DBSRX used for GPS: cycle slip

From: Heckler, Gregory W. (GSFC-596.0)
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] DBSRX used for GPS: cycle slip
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 20:09:52 -0500

Chris:

I was referring to the Doppler estimate output by your PLL over time (traditional tracking), whereas
you indicated that you were looking at repeated acquisition attempts. If the jump is visible in all satellites than I
agree with your suspicion of the DBSRX card. Note that the ref frequency you pass from the mainboard to the
DBSRX daughtercard cannot be too high, I made that same mistake a long while back. The ref clock divisor must 16 or greater
(ie the reference frequency is 4 MHz or lower).