Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DBSRX used for GPS: cycle slip

From: Chris Stankevitz
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DBSRX used for GPS: cycle slip
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 16:40:47 -0700

Heckler, Gregory W. (GSFC-596.0) wrote:
Have you ruled out the USRP overflowing? I have had that problem bite me too. It causes all of the tracking channels to dump in my receiver, but I could see how it could also cause a jump in the frequency estimate (delay in time domain == shift in frequency domain) coming out of your FFT acquisition.

Hi Greg,

I ruled out a USRP overflow for two reasons:

1. When I recorded the data, there was no indication of overflow

2. When I perform a "continuous acquisition", the frequency jumps, but the C/A offset does not. When data is lost, the C/A offset will jump also.

However, I do have a dataset with missing data that gave no indication data was lost during the collect. I'm chatting about this in another thread "Losing data during long collects"

CHris