Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Losing data during long collects

From: Chris Stankevitz
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Losing data during long collects
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 15:03:51 -0700

Chris Stankevitz wrote:
Thanks for your recommendation. I can indeed pipe the output of my "data gathering app" to the input of my GPS processor and see if the problem goes away.

BTW one problem with this approach is that I can only confirm that there is lost data by post processing. The symptoms are obvious: I lose tracking lock on a GPS satellite, but the root cause (jittery clock or cycle-slip or missing data) can only be determined via autopsy.

Chris