Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Losing data during long collects

From: Chris Stankevitz
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Losing data during long collects
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 11:21:52 -0700

Robert Fitzsimons wrote:
Just some comments on the code:

   int NumBytes = rx->read(
     (char*)Buffer,
     n*sizeof(short),
     &Overrun);

Your code doesn't do anyting if the read returns less then
n*sizeof(short) bytes.  Is that possible within the gnuradio code?

    pStream->write((char*)Buffer, n*sizeof(short));

Same here the write might not write all n*sizeof(short) bytes.

Robert,

You're exactly right, I assume that all the bytes are read and written! Thank you so much I'll fix it right away.

Chris