Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Losing data during long collects

From: Chris Stankevitz
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Losing data during long collects
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 15:01:04 -0700

Jeff Brower wrote:
Is there a way for you to temporarily take file-write out of the equation?
I.e. can
your code look at the bitstream and know if it remains continuous / intact?

The "every minute or two" thing makes me suspicious that some HDD related thing
is
going on.  16 MBbyte/sec is around 1 GByte/minute.

Jeff,

Thanks for your recommendation. I can indeed pipe the output of my "data gathering app" to the input of my GPS processor and see if the problem goes away. However, I suspect the problem is not HDD related for these reasons:

1. I'm using a 4 disk RAID0 (external eSATA) drive that supposedly can handle the throughput

2. When I was disk bound in the past, I would receive USRP overrun errors. I do not receive these errors when I am presently losing a few thousand samples out of every 480e6

CHris