Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to see what kind of mac/phy schemes?

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to see what kind of mac/phy schemes?
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 09:22:19 -0700

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 09:06:57AM -0700, yyzhuang wrote:

> As I see from the simple manual and some source code, most of the blocks are
> designed for PHY layer or hard ware. Should all the MAC layer functions
> implemented by python application, or are there any existing MAC layer
> blocks we can use directly? Thanks for help.

Hi Y,

In the relatively near term, I'll be gluing the message blocks
(m-blocks) and the GR flow graphs together.  When that is complete, I
expect that what you'll find is that the natural place to write MAC
layer stuff is in m-blocks while using the flow graph to implement the
PHY.  This will use inband signaling on the USRP1 and/or USRP2 and
will give us precise control of time of transmission.

Eric