Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to see what kind of mac/phy schemes?

From: George Nychis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to see what kind of mac/phy schemes?
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 13:08:31 -0400

yyzhuang wrote:
Really thanks for the efforts. Surely more stuff will be added in the future.
Maybe some day we can build up the entire protocol stack.

I think that GR has been great for PHY development and testing. If you follow academic research at all in the CS network realm, you'll find that a trend has been PHY techniques to increase capacity of wireless networks due to MAC inefficiencies. Like, Partial Packet Recovery (hi Kyle), and in this years SIGCOMM conference "ZigZag." All of these works have used GR because of its PHY flexibility to evaluate these kinds of approaches, which no other open source platform has been able to provide as well as GR.

The MAC stuff is in the process, which I think we will then hopefully see more research in MAC protocols done on GNU Radio. This puts it further up the protocol stack... and then from there, we only work further up :)

- George