Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] inband timestamp issues

From: George Nychis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] inband timestamp issues
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 14:28:27 -0400

Steve Peters wrote:
Hi George,

Thanks for the quick and thought-out response.  I actually tried with
the new rbf yesterday.  It produces no noticeable differences in the
output I'm interested in at this point.

Not getting an underrun is good. There may very well be an issue with the FPGA. Could you do me a favor and see if you get these timestamp jumps using the single RX chain application? I'd be interested to know if it is something due to the complication of using two RX chains, or if there is something inherently wrong with the timestamp. I know what you're interested in is the timestamp gap between the two channels, and it being consistent, but I want to know if you get these timestamp jumps using the single chain.

It just helps me narrow down the issue. There was a point in time where I wasn't even going to release a 2TX/RX RBF because it had some fitting issues in the FPGA with all of the new inband stuff. I had to clean up some unused code to get it to fit. The only reason I actually made an effort to build the 2TX/RX RBF was because of your research group ;)

I spend all of my time working with the single chain, and if I find bugs I can fix them. But I think you're the only ones using the dual chain... so your feedback is useful and I'd appreciate any help solving the problems. I don't really know Verilog, and our Verilog coder is at an internship right now ;)

- George