Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] inband timestamp issues

From: George Nychis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] inband timestamp issues
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 14:33:39 -0400

Ketan Mandke wrote:
George,

I am sure that Steve will check the single rx-chain and get back to
you with the results of that test.

Although, I have a hypothesis about what might be happening. Is it
possible that there are some control signals being sent to the USRP
over the command channel that disable the rx_buffer_inband while they
execute? Perhaps this is happening unbeknownst to us. I guess the more
general question here is what events/conditions cause the
packet_builder to be disabled?

The packet builder is never disabled unless you completely stop the RX chain using the low level USRP reference to it (e.g., d_urx->stop() or something similar). This is never executed in the example you are using, so the packet builder should at no point be disabled... it's always working, even when control stuff is going on.

- George