Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio mention in DEFCON subway presentation

From: gnuradio
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio mention in DEFCON subway presentation
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 00:25:05 +0200

On Aug 16, 2008, at 10:52 PM, Michael Ossmann wrote:

On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 08:44:56PM +0200, address@hidden wrote:

As far as I understand, passive RFIDs communicate backs to the
reader  by consuming more or less power from the incoming radio
wave (please  correct me if I'm wrong). How one would therefore
implement a reader  using these daughter boards and gnuradio?

I have only worked with low frequency (125 kHz) RFID tags so far,
but this is what has worked for me.

[the explanations]

Cryptographic RFID tags require some particular signal (not just a
sine wave) to be transmitted by the reader.  Details vary depending
on the kind of tag, so you'll need documentation or you'll have to
reverse engineer the signal produced by a reader.

Thank you very much that was very helpful. I'll give it a try.

--
Best Regards,
ChoJin