[Discuss-gnuradio] a simple question about transmit power

From: Zenny Zhang
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] a simple question about transmit power
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 21:33:29 -0400

Hi,

I was basically wondering what is the transmit power I am using. I
have a transmiting/receiving scheme working, and in the sender code, I
set the transmission gain to be 4000. My understanding is that the
symbols which take value between -1 to 1 will be multipled with this
gain and sent to DA. I was just wondering how much the transmiting
power is measured in dbm. Thanks.

The related code is simple:

self.amp = gr.multiply_const_cc(1)
self.set_tx_amplitude(4000)
fg.connect(self.intl, self.amp, self.u)

Please let me know if more information is needed.

Thanks,
Zenny