Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] updated BBN 80211 code?

From: Douglas Geiger
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] updated BBN 80211 code?
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 16:21:57 -0500

Dustin Maas wrote:

On Sep 27, 2008, at 12:10 PM, Douglas Geiger wrote:

You're in luck - I just back back from some traveling, and have managed to gather up a patch. However - this is a patch to the version from the U of Utah, SPAN Lab version (http://span.ece.utah.edu/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Main.80211bReceiver) - which does the despreading in the FPGA (which therefore disables that part of the flowgraph in the python code). So if you want a patch versus the original BBN code, you'll need to back those changes out (maybe doing a reverse patch from the Utah version?). In any event, I'll have time in the next few weeks to return to this, if you need help figuring out what I did (the hier2 conversion wasn't too complicated).

The unified diff is attached.

Doug

Thanks a lot Doug, I really appreciate it. This is perfect, because we are actually using the UofU version.

Dustin
Have you tried out my patch yet? I'm just getting back to working on this again - and unfortunately it seems I left my version in an unworking state. I'm fairly confident the patch I sent you is not a working version - but I could be wrong. I have a couple different versions of my code laying around here, and I'm not sure if I still have one that works now. So I will likely be repeating some of my work from this summer, figuring out exactly how I got the hier_block2 and BBN code to work nice with each other.
Doug

--
Doug Geiger
Research Assistant