Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] updated BBN 80211 code?

From: George Nychis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] updated BBN 80211 code?
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 11:38:54 -0400

Frank Brickle wrote:
It seems obvious there has to be a place for GNU Radio code that's GPL but will not be assigned to FSF, with certainty. I believe there should also be a place for code whose status is *uncertain* -- in short, a place with minimal obstacles to publishing early and often.

Thanks Frank, this is exactly a major issue I am trying to address. I think that CGRAN will be a good place for people to put code as a work in progress that might or might not ever make it to the GR repo. Minimal obstacles is key to get people to contribute. Additionally, maybe someone out there wants to start working on GNU Radio stuff and doesn't have access to a SVN server, they're more than welcome to use CGRAN's in the development stage. So, I'm also trying to increase the resources available to those who want to work on GNU Radio related projects.

- George