Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem receiving square wave

From: Brian Padalino
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem receiving square wave
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 13:03:40 -0500

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 12:51 PM, Francesco B. <address@hidden> wrote:

> This post is a bit old... but I'm having a similar problem. Created a
> modified gr_sig_source_c block such that attributes are assigned by
> pseudo-randomly generated numbers (restricted to ranges such as would be
> proper, as well as swapping waveform types for integers 0-5 and randomly
> assigning one). It compiles and runs. Amplitude and frequency appear to
> vary, but sine/cosine waves are the only ones which generate properly. Is
> there a known solution to this?

Is it really a reception issue, or more of a transmission issue?  Take
a look at the frequency characteristics of some of these different
waveforms, then look at your overall bandwidth of the signal you're
able to transmit as well as the overall bandwidth of your received
signal.

You may want to look at the Suggested Reading page on the wiki:

    http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/SuggestedReading

This will probably preemptively answer a lot of questions you have
with regards to radio communications.

Brian