Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] a report on dqpsk modulation in gnuradio

From: Bill Stevenson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] a report on dqpsk modulation in gnuradio
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 13:07:10 -0800 (PST)

From: Johnathan Corgan <address@hidden>
To: Bill Stevenson <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, November 27, 2008 3:02:23 AM

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 3:39 PM, Bill Stevenson
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello, Johnathan. I have implemented the entire codes in the trunk step by
> step, but unfortunately this time I cannot receive any correct packets under
> the dqpsk modulation scheme even after I set the packet size to 40.
> Actually, before I installed the SVN codes, I was able to get 90% correct
> packets when I set the packet size to 40 and samples per symbol to 4, but
> this time it failed sadly. Is there anything going wrong in your new carrier
> offset tracking tactics? Thank you!

This code is working correctly in a number of different configurations
in my lab.

Unfortunately, I will be out of the office for the rest of the week
and early next week, so will be unable to assist you further.

-Johnathan

No problem, Johnathan. After reading this, I did my experimentation in several different configurations. The commands I used in the transmitter and receiver side are:
python benchmark_tx.py -f 2479M -r 2000k -m dqpsk -s 100 (-s 800 or -s 1500)
python benchmark_rx.py -f 2479M -r 2000k -m dqpsk

I still got the same result: when packet size is 100, the PER is around 20% no matter what the distance between two USRPs and transmission power are; when packet size is 800, PER is around 50% and when size is the default value, PER is around 66%. This result is the same as that I got before I updated our gnuradio codes. Could you tell me which demo file you used for your configuration, what your configuration looks like and what kind of commands you used for your Tx and Rx part? Thank you so much!!!

Bill