Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] a report on dqpsk modulation in gnuradio

From: Stefan Brüns
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] a report on dqpsk modulation in gnuradio
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 17:25:11 +0100

Hi,

just a different suggestion - have you tried to determine if there is a
frequency offset between the receiving and the sending USRP? I did some tests
with the digital/benchmark_?x.py / qpsk code before the recent changes, but
for me it worked quite well when I adjusted the center frequency of the
transmitter or the receiver by their respective offset, eg:

./benchmark_tx -f 2.40001e9 ...
./benchmark_rx -f 2.4e9 ...

To measure the offset, I built simple flowgraph with a constant value as a
signal source, which gives just a carrier, which should be (in an ideal
world) at the selected center frequency, visible e.g. in usrp_fft.py

Hope this helps,

Stefan

--
Stefan Brüns  /  Bergstraße 21  /  52062 Aachen
mailto:lurch at gmx.li  http://www.kawo1.rwth-aachen.de/~lurchi/