[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP/LFRX Gain Question

From: dan s
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP/LFRX Gain Question
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 08:09:15 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I've been using a waveform driver with known amplitude to calibrate the counts reading on the USRP/LFRX when I use the usrp_cfile_rx.py script file with decimation of 32 (2 MHz sampling).

I performed the calibration using 0dB gain on the USRP, and 10 dB gain for various frequencies from 10 to 150kHz.  The difference in measured voltage between 0dB and 10dB was about a factor of 3.04 for all frequencies.

I know that the voltage gain with 10dB should be a factor of 3.2.  Does anyone know if this is purely in an ideal state?   I'm guessing that is the case and my setup is working properly?

Thanks,
Dan