Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Distcheck error on latest trunk

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Distcheck error on latest trunk
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 11:39:25 -0500

After further investigation, this is a SWIG 1.3.37 bug. According to the documentation [1], "the default output directory for these language specific files is the same directory as the generated C/C++ file" ... which is clearly being violated since the .py file is being written to the directory where the .i file is located while the .cc file is being written to ".". I will submit a bug fix to the SWIG folks, since there doesn't seem to be one yet; I think I've figured out how to patch their code to correct this issue.

[1] http://www.swig.org/Doc1.3/SWIGDocumentation.html#output

That said: The state of use of SWIGPYTHONFLAGS in individual components varies significantly (some do not even us it, instead just recreating those flags in the local Makefile.am) and should probably be cleaned up.