Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Overrun when there shouldn't be

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Overrun when there shouldn't be
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 19:18:15 -0800

On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 07:07:56PM -0800, Chris Stankevitz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wrote a c++ program that grabs data from the USRP in an infinite loop
> and does nothing with it.  It overruns.  Can anyone help me figure out why?
>
> This runs on a 2.4GHz computer that isn't doing anything else.  I'm
> sampling the A and B channel of a BasicRX at 4MHz with shorts.  CPU runs
> about 15%.  I've tried many different values for NumBytes.  Profile
> results show nothing abnormal.  This is driving me nuts!
>
> Thank you,
>
> Chris

We're not very good at reading minds.  You're more likely to get help
if you provide us some clues:

  Which OS are you running on?
  Are you running on a VM?
  Did you build and install the GR code, or did you just extract the
  usrp code and try to build it?  In either base, which version are you using?
  Which FUSB method are you using?

  Have you build GNU Radio and attempted to run usrp_rx_cfile.py?
  Does it overrun?

Eric