Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Overrun when there shouldn't be

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Overrun when there shouldn't be
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 18:40:37 -0500

Chris Stankevitz wrote:

> Fantastic news (for me): this problem does not occur in gnuradio 3.0.2
>
> I thought to try an older version of gnuradio after I made the
> realization (with the help of a coworker) that my overrun problems are
> worse today than they were a year ago.
>
> FYI, my application is a dual channel GPS receiver which demands no
> overruns.
>
> I'd love to help find the source of the problem in newer versions of
> gnuradio... if anyone has any tests you'd like run, let me know.
>
> Chris

Oooooh.  That's useful intelligence.  I had the impression with my RA
stuff (loves bandwidth, the more Msps the better!) is
  that the overrun issue became worse across gnuradio versions, but I
wasn't sure (too lazy to regress everything and check!).

Fortunately for my RA stuff, a few dropped buffers now and then don't
hurt--they simply constitute a tiny increase in
  the noise floor.

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator, Shirleys Bay Radio Astronomy Consortium