Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Overrun when there shouldn't be

From: Chris Stankevitz
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Overrun when there shouldn't be
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 23:34:17 -0800

Johnathan Corgan wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 7:07 PM, Chris Stankevitz <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> I wrote a c++ program that grabs data from the USRP in an infinite loop
>> and does nothing with it.  It overruns.  Can anyone help me figure out why?
>
> Can you try it without the call to set_format()?

Johnathan,

Even without the call to set_format, I still get overruns.  I also made
some other changes:

1) Original code (overruns)
2) 1) minus set_format (overruns)
3) 2) with NumChannels==1 (no overruns)
4) 3) with DecimRate==32 vs 16 (no overruns)

Test 3 not overrunning was no surprise since it's cuts the data in half.
 However, Test 4 note overrunning was a huge surprise because Test 4
pumps the same amount of data as Test 2 which does overrun.

Question: Why would 2 channels at 4MHz overrun while 1 channel at 8MHz
not overrun?

Chris