[Discuss-gnuradio] Is OpenBTS going to support USRP2?

From: Jane Chen
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Is OpenBTS going to support USRP2?
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 17:36:32 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

 Is anyone working on OpenBTS with USRP2?  On the website, http://www.gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/OpenBTS/DesktopTestingKit, OpenBTS has not been used with URSP2.  However, USRP2 is new and fast. I think more and more people are going to use USRP2 to develp their SDR. Should I  buy a USRP1 or a USRP2 to run OpenBTS?

http://www.gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/OpenBTS/DesktopTestingKit shows that "Do not use a transmit antenna."

What does it mean "Do not use a transmit antenna"? Does it mean that I don't need to connect a antenna to a daughter board?

http://gnuradio.utah.edu/trac/ticket/334 shows "   one RFX-stype receive section ". Does it mean that "one RFX-style"? A typo?

Thank you,

Jane