Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] stop_rx_streaming failing (USRP2)

From: Michael Leferman
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] stop_rx_streaming failing (USRP2)
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 09:42:47 -0400

On Aug 21, 2009, at 3:58 PM, Eric Blossom wrote:

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 01:53:25PM -0400, Michael Leferman wrote:
I'm not familiar with the serial console at all, so no, one is not
connected.  Can you point me to some documentation on it?

Open the USRP2 up and look at the back edge of the board.  There is a
4-pin connector in the back labeled UART.  The individual pins are
labeled too.  We typically use a CMOS serial to USB adapter, such as
http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=199

Talk to it with 230400 8N1

I didn't realize I was going to need more hardware for this. This may take a little bit to get.

I can hook it up and take a look. Could this be related to ticket 388?
http://gnuradio.org/trac/ticket/388  Thank you for your help.

Could be.  Does rx_streaming_samples work for you? or do you see the
same problem.  (I know it shouldn't ever wedge, but I'm wondering
about a work-around.)

Yes, rx_streaming_samples does work and so does running usrp2_fft.py multiple times.