[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Help req: Simulataneous transmission

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Help req: Simulataneous transmission
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 10:40:43 -0800

On Mon, Jan 04, 2010 at 06:06:51AM +0000, nadia raj wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thank you Mr.Eric for your valuable advice.

You're welcome.

> Yes i studied and completely understood the example that you referred.
>
> I have ,with your advice solved the problem of spatial demux.
>
> Now i want to ask you that now as i have two independent streams of
> data, what stategy should i adopt to ensure that the two streams are
> transmitted simultaneously via two separate daughterboards mounted
> on onse usrp1 which is plugged into a hostpc ?

> Shoud i make two separate threads, one for each transmitter??

> Each thead would take the physical layer packet (one stream of data)
>  as an input, and the perform modulation + transmission of data.

No, use a single flow graph (top_block) that contains both transmitter
paths (probably implemented as hier_block2's).  As long as both paths
produce samples at the same rate, the process of combining them with
the interleaver will ensure that they reach the USRP daughterboards at
the same time.

Eric