Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] MacPorts and GNU Radio 32-bit

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] MacPorts and GNU Radio 32-bit
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 14:27:12 -0500

Marcel, Ed, and Kunal - Thanks for the data points -- it looks like all 3 of your computers booted from the 64-bit kernel; please correct me if I'm wrong.
---

Anyone else on the GR list have a Mac running OSX 10.5 or 10.6 who would care to participate in getting some more data points? I'm in particular looking for 32-bit 10.6, but the more data points the better to show that the ports actually work as hoped.

(1) Use MacPorts to try to install GNU Radio (if already installed):

sudo port selfupdate
sudo port install gnuradio

or, if you know you're running on 10.6 as 64-bit (see the NOTE below), do:

sudo port selfupdate
sudo port install gnuradio-audio-osx

(2) return to me whether (1) worked, and also the results of executing the following in a terminal:

gcc -v
machine
uname -a

NOTE: If you're running 10.6 with the 64-bit kernel, then you'll have errors installing wxPython since it is not 64-bit compatible yet. There is no way around this issue at this time; these data points are to help provide me info so that I can get the portfiles to work no matter which OSX version or kernel you're compiling for.

Thanks again! - MLD