[Discuss-gnuradio] Scanning whole spectrum using TVRX

From: Anand Padmanabha Iyer
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Scanning whole spectrum using TVRX
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 19:26:18 +0530

Dear All,

I have a TVRX board, and am trying to do some experiments with it. My requirement is to scan the entire spectrum (50MHz - 860MHz), and dump the samples for processing using MATLAB. At a time, I am sensing 250KHz of spectrum (decimation 256), and I am collecting 10,000 samples (40 ms sensing time).

My initial take was to call usrp_rx_cfile.py multiple times, each time passing in a different frequency. However, this approach takes around 15 minutes to scan the entire range (I assume it is due to the overheads). Is there any way I could make this faster?

Regards,
Anand