[Discuss-gnuradio] UHF monitoring

From: schuler101
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHF monitoring
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 08:01:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

 I need to monitor usage of UHF bands (400-800MHz). I was wondering if this
is possible to do using the gnuradio. For this, I was planning to do the
following steps:
1. Buy an omni-directional discone antenna
2. Hook it up with gnuradio daughterboard (TVRX)

I want to monitor channels with bandwidth 6Mhz. In particular, I want to see
time-variant usage of channels in 400-800Mhz range. I do not really want to
decipher down the signals. Can you please check if my method is correct or
not.

Thanks everybody.
George