Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHF monitoring

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHF monitoring
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 10:28:07 -0700

On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 08:01, schuler101 <address@hidden> wrote:

> I want to monitor channels with bandwidth 6Mhz. In particular, I want to see
> time-variant usage of channels in 400-800Mhz range. I do not really want to
> decipher down the signals. Can you please check if my method is correct or
> not.

Yes.  The USRP1 or USRP2 and TVRX daughterboard will allow you to do
exactly this.  You will need to write a GNU Radio application to
analyze the incoming samples and display the information you are
interested in, unless the existing spectrum or oscilloscope utilities
will give you what you want.

Johnathan