Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] benchmark tx and rx help

From: Kyle Zhou
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] benchmark tx and rx help
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 10:09:07 +1000

Please check line 113 of benchmark_tx.py
data = (pkt_size - 2) * chr(pktno & 0xff)
Therefore, only the LSB 8 bit of pktno is transmitted in the payload.
And please note 257=0x0101, 514=0x0202. So they are payload contents for packet 1 and 2, respectively.
You've just missed packet 0. Not quite sure the reason.
I guess it might be likely that synchronization at receiver has not been accomplished such that packet 0 is not received correctly.

To transmit your own data, you can use --from-file option. The file has to be in binary format. It does not matter what file extension you use. The transmitter just transmits the file contents byte by byte.
Regards
Kyle

Thanks again for